So Jaime and I decided we should do a little research on the culture of Germany in preparation for our trip (because apparently reading a book on German history will pack your house for you), so she ordered a couple books from Amazon.com. I personally didn't think that a book full of stock images of castles and rosy reviews would be a true representation of Germany, so I took a much more realistic approach, I rented Valkyrie, with Tom Cruise. CRAP was that a mistake, I mean what kind of garbage was that, I saw 2 minutes of Germany and 77 minutes of closeups of Tom Cruises fake missing eye. And talk about depressing, Jaime and I felt like cutting each other with spoons after watching that thing.
Yes, I do realize that we are at the point where we are annoying, Jaime much more than me, but still both of us. The pain of packing and moving hasn't set in yet, so it's still exciting and fun and everything gets turned into something about Germany. It's like when people with kids talk to people without kids about their kids, nobody gives a flying flip that the German word for car exit is Ausfahrt except us....Ok, maybe not that one, that's some funny stuff right there, Ausfahrt.....
We'll see how exciting it is six months from now and I'm still getting water bills and paying someone to kick out my nonpaying tenants right....pure joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment